Control of Protective Discharge includes:
- Microscopy after Gram Stain
- Culture for Aerobes
- Culture for Anaerobes
- Culture for Yeasts
- Culture for Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Culture for Mycoplasma hominis
- Culture for Ureaplasma urealyticum
- Excretion should be preceded before antibiotic use.
- The sampling is done by massaging the prostate.
- The patient should not urinate for at least one hour before taking the sample.
Laboratory test results are the most important parameter for the diagnosis and monitoring of all pathological conditions. 70%-80% of diagnostic decisions are based on laboratory tests. Correct interpretation of laboratory results allows a doctor to distinguish "healthy" from "diseased".
Laboratory test results should not be interpreted from the numerical result of a single analysis. Test results should be interpreted in relation to each individual case and family history, clinical findings and the results of other laboratory tests and information. Your personal physician should explain the importance of your test results.
At Diagnostiki Athinon we answer any questions you may have about the test you perform in our laboratory and we contact your doctor to get the best possible medical care.