Food intolerance testing with TrophoScan® 400 includes 369 different foods belonging to 12 categories: meats, seafood, dairy & eggs, fruits, nuts, vegetables, legumes, cereals, spices, yeasts, sweeteners, and miscellaneous. In addition, it includes testing for the presence of IgG antibodies against 21 very common chemical additives used in the food industry.
TrophoScan® 400 is the most comprehensive test to discover whether you are intolerant to 390 different foods and chemical additives.
Undoubtedly, food plays an important role in the preservation of health and the creation of diseases in humans. While it is essential for the development and preservation of the health of the human organism, it can lead to chronic and serious health problems (e.g. celiac disease, anaphylactic shock).
Food intolerance refers to the immune system's reaction to certain foods. This reaction is different from a known allergy in which IgE antibodies are involved. An allergy is rarer and is a direct reaction that often has catastrophic effects. Food intolerance is a type 3 hypersensitivity, characterized by the involvement of IgG antibodies. Food intolerance is much more common (about 45% of the population), has a delayed onset (2 to 72 hours after consumption of food), and is usually associated with chronic health problems.
To whom TrophoScan® is addressed
Diagnostiki Athinon’s TrophoScan® is addressed to people who are:
- Facing chronic health problems
- Looking for optimum health using natural means
- Wanting to prevent the emergence of modern lifestyle diseases
Chronic health problems that may be due to food intolerance or aggravated due to food intolerance include, but are not limited to:
Gastrointestinal system involvement
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Irritable bowel syndrome or spastic colitis (IBS)
- Coeliac disease and non-coeliac gluten hypersensitivity (seronegative coeliac disease)
Musculoskeletal system involvement
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Joint pains, myalgia, tendonitis
Nervous system involvement
- Migraines and headaches
- Moodiness, anxiety, depression, and mood disorders
- Sleep disorders and insomnia
Respiratory system involvement
- Asthma, bronchitis, chronic rhinitis, sinusitis
Skin and immune system involvement
- Eczema and atopic dermatitis
- Chronic or recurrent infections
- Sjogren syndrome
Other systems involvement
- Obesity and difficulty regulating weight
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Delayed growth (for children and adolescents)
The laboratory test is performed using the ELISA technique (Enzyme-Linked ImmnoSorbent Assay).